AUI administrative units provide assistance and support for the day-to-day running of the institution. The Vice-Chancellor's office, the Registry and the Bursary
THE VICE-CHANCELLOR'S OFFICE
The Vice-Chancellor, who serves as the University's Chief Executive Officer and Academic Head of the University, is in charge of the Office. The Vice-Chancellor is in charge of carrying out policies and putting the University's vision, mission, and philosophies into practice.
The following departments are under the Office of the Vice-Chancellor:
- Directorate of Academic Planning: The Academic Planning Unit is an integral arm of the Office of the Vice-Chancellor and its activities are overseen by a Director who reports directly to the Vice-Chancellor. The office provides a range of management information and planning support to facilitate informed decision–making, planning and policy formulation, and the overall strategic development of the University.
- Directorate of Information and Communication Technology: The ICT Director is responsible for all tasks related to the installation, maintenance and management of the AUI computer network to meet the needs of curricula and administrative tasks. The Director directs and controls the development, implementation and maintenance of the AUI's information and communications strategy and systems, and also introduces and maintains appropriate data security, to support the mission statement of AUI.
- Internal Audit: This Unit's main responsibility is to provide independent assurance that the system's risk management, governance, and internal control processes are operating effectively. The internal audit is conducted objectively and designed to improve and mature University's operational and ethical practices. The Internal Auditor observes, analyzes, and reports operational and management processes, prepares audit reports for the management, creates and implements audit review procedures, and presents audit results and recommendations to management.
- Deanery, Student Affairs: This unit is headed by Dr. Amarachukwu Obayiuwana. The unit oversees the day-to-day operations of AUI’s student services department. The unit is responsible for ensuring that students have access to all of the resources they need to succeed academically, including counseling services, health care, career planning, and other initiatives.
- Public Relations Unit: The Public Relation Unit is responsible for developing, managing and implementing communication strategies both internal and external for the university to enable it maintain cordial relation with its teeming publics. The unit has the responsibility of writing, editing, and publishing information products of reference that provides relevant information to all stakeholders. The unit coordinates all arrangements for corporate and official functions such as Graduation/Matriculation ceremonies etc, Inaugural Lectures, Public Lectures, Convocation Lectures, Staff parties/assemblies, tours, receptions for dignitaries, etc. The Unit organizes press Conferences, interviews, radio/TV talks, etc.
- Security Unit: This Unit is entrusted with the main responsibility of protecting lives and property of staff and students of AUI. The Department offers a 24-hour service. Also, this Unit has the responsibility of providing, maintaining, and enforcing law and order while observing the strictest code of civility and integrity in the conduct of duties. The security personnel are well equipped and kitted out in their paramilitary uniform. The Department is equipped with cutting-edge security communication tools that promote communication and quick responses from security personnel to situations. The unit is being headed by the Chief Security Officer and he is answerable to the Vice- Chancellor.
- Quality Assurance Unit: The Quality Assurance Unit is an integral part of the Vice Chancellor's office and headed by a Director. The Quality Assurance (QA) Unit conducts a host of activities that are designed to improve the quality of inputs, processes and outputs of the university system.