OLUGHOR RUKEVWE JULIET
The general philosophy is the belief that training in this discipline will develop the mind, impact both theoretical and practical knowledge on the individual student, develop self-confidence, help to be innovative and self-reliant in the fields of Administration and Management.
Objectives of the Programmes
The objectives of the department are:
- To provide the basic knowledge needed for an understanding and analysis of problems related to the management or administration of industrial, commercial, public and other human organizations,
- To equip students with knowledge and skills of decision making especially the analytical skills needed for recognizing, defining and solving problems. and
- To develop in students leadership and interpersonal relations skills in management
- Facilitate the creation of the entrepreneurial spirit among young men and women who can help to exploit the available resources and opportunities in the country and elsewhere.
Admission and Matriculation Requirements
Candidates for the Bachelor of Science degree shall be accepted for a four-year programme through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and for a three-year programme through Direct Entry. Admission into the four-year programme shall be based on the candidate’s performance at both the UTME and the post-UTME screening of the Augustine University. In addition, the candidate should have a General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level pass, or its equivalent, with at least five credits that must include English Language and Mathematics.
Candidates with post-secondary school certificates such as Advanced Level GCE (two A’Level credits), OND, NCE, and IB (International Baccalaureate) as well as some experience in business organizations, shall be considered for the three-year Bachelor of Science programme through direct entry. They must submit to JAMB a Direct Entry form together with evidence of their credentials at the same time as they submit their application to AUI online.
To be eligible to sit for any examinations, students will be expected to attend a minimum of 80% of the lectures of any course registered for. The School reserves the right to prevent any defaulting student from sitting for the relevant examination.
Period of Study and Requirements for the Award of a Degree
The normal period of study for a degree shall be eight semesters. The minimum number of course units for the award of a degree shall be 120.
The maximum number of semesters for the award of an honours degree shall be twelve semesters.
- To qualify for the award of a degree of Augustine University, a student is required to have:
- Completed and passed the prescribed number of units including all compulsory courses specified by the University. Completed and met the standards for all required and elective courses.
- Obtained the prescribed minimum CGPA